All Filipino nursing graduates who have successfully passed the National Licensure Examination (NLE) are entitled to be given a professional license or ID. This legal document is very important as it is a proof that you are capable and competent to practice your profession in the country. To obtain a professional nursing license, here are the procedures:
Application Procedures For Initial Registration
Initial registrants should come personally to the Philippine Regulation’s Commission (PRC) Central Office or to the nearest Regional Office to file his/her application for registration and to affix his/her signature in the registry book.
All Registration Certificates and PRC ID shall be claimed by the licensee personally at the Central Office or the Regional Office where the application for the same has been filed. If there is an unavoidable need for a representative, he must present his/her identification paper with picture and a Special Power of Attorney.
· Duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
· Download Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal.
· Current Community Tax Certificate (cedula)
· Two pcs. passport size pictures with name tag (for Oath Form and Certificate of Registration)
· One pc. 1”x1” picture in plain background with complete name tag (for Registry of Professionals)
· Two sets of metered documentary stamps (for Oath Form and Certificate of Registration)
· One (1) short brown envelope with name and profession
· Initial Registration Fee of P600 (may change)
· Annual Registration Fee of P450 for 2009-2012.
Application Procedure for License Renewal
For Manual or Over-the-Counter Procedures
· Present duly accomplished Application for Professional ID form together with the requirements at: Window 16 or Window 18.
Requirements for Manual Procedure
- Duly accomplished renewal form/s
Two (2) pieces passport size
- RECENT Colored Picture in PLAIN Background with complete nametag
- One Photocopy of your latest Professional ID Card
Note: In case you lost your Professional Identification Card, submit duly notarized Affidavit of Loss and photocopy of your Certificate of Registration (Lupon).
- Marriage certificate from NSO (in Security Paper) for female married applicant who wishes to apply for change of name due to marriage
Note: Representatives filing the application and claiming the professional ID in behalf of the professional must present Special Power of Attorney and valid identification of the professional and the representative. PRC-registered professional acting as representatives may transact with PRC upon presentation of Authorization Letter and his/her professional ID.
For Nurses Abroad Who Wants To Renew Their License
The PRC has a call center for nurses abroad who want to renew their Professional Nursing license in the Philippines. This is the number: (+632) 8544848.
You can download the renewal form here: http://www.prc.gov.ph/documents/regista%20forms%2002-25-2009/rd%20renewal%20form.pdf